OpenSSH 5.5 has just been released. It will be available from the
mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol version 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0
implementation and includes sftp client and server support.
Once again, we would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their
continued support of the project, especially those who contributed code
or patches, reported bugs, tested snapshots or donated to the project.
More information on donations may be found at:
This is a bugfix release.
Changes since OpenSSH 5.4
* Unbreak sshd_config's AuthorizedKeysFile option for $HOME-relative paths
* Fix compilation failures on platforms that lack dlopen()
* Include a language tag when sending a protocol 2 disconnection message.
* Make logging of certificates used for user authentication more clear and
consistent between CAs specified using TrustedUserCAKeys and
* Allow contrib/ssh-copy-id to fail gracefully when there are no keys in
the ssh-agent. bz#1723
* Explicitly link libX11 into contrib/gnome-ssh-askpass2. bz#1725
* Allow ChrootDirectory to work in SELinux platforms. bz#1726
* Add configure.ac stanza for Haiku OS. bz#1741
* Enable utmpx support on FreeBSD where possible. bz#1732
* Use pkg-config to determine libedit linker flags where possible. bz#1744
- SHA1 (openssh-5.5.tar.gz) = 59864a048b09ad1b6e65a74d5d385d8189ab8c74
- SHA1 (openssh-5.5p1.tar.gz) = 361c6335e74809b26ea096b34062ba8ff6c97cd6
- Please read http://www.openssh.com/report.html
Security bugs should be reported directly to email@example.com
OpenSSH is brought to you by Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt,
Kevin Steves, Damien Miller, Darren Tucker, Jason McIntyre, Tim Rice and