Network Engineer, Sherman Oaks, CA | 55-70k
We currently have a need for a talented and motivated individual who shares our commitment to delivering a high quality product and service to our customers. This person must have experience in a 24/7 mission-critical datacenter working with mostly Unix and Cisco equipment.
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a combination of work experience, or comparable experience in an IT/datacenter environment.
Platform Experience and knowledge:
* Extensive System Administration experience in RedHat Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris. Ability to troubleshoot OS, software and hardware-related problems.
* Understanding of Perl, DNS, DHCP, SSH, SMTP and other underlying Internet Protocols.
* Network Experience and Knowledge: Cisco Router, Cisco PIX, Cisco/ArrowPoint CSS, Cisco VPN, Cisco IDS, T1/Frame Relay, VPN, Switches, LAN/ WAN, Security. Streaming protocols, Windows Media Services and Real Server. Understands the operation of test and analysis equipment such as protocol analyzer, LAN/WAN sniffers, etc. Regularly provide high level proactive technical support including device upgrades, security patches and best practice implementation.
* Hardware Experience and Knowledge: Experience with Unix system administration, system architecture, building/testing/benchmarking. data communications, Client/Server apps, Cisco VPN Client, and LAN-LAN connections.
* Software Experience: Apache, PHP, Tomcat, Perl, BIND, Sendmail, Windows Media Encoder, Real Producer.
* Problem Solving Techniques: Asks questions to gain information. Able to act as resource to the team. Also must have ability to work independently, find answers and solve problems methodically.
* Strong multi-tasking skills. Completes several concurrent tasks.
* Interpersonal Interaction: Able to make a significant contribution in a team environment. Proficient at adapting to a changing environment and in helping others to understand and overcome trepidation associated with rapid change.
* On-call availability may be necessary evenings and weekends.
To be considered for this position, candidates:
MUST live in or around the Sherman Oaks/Los Angeles, CA area.
MUST work on-site at clients Sherman Oaks office.
MUST be a US Citizen or GC holder
If you are interested in this position and live in the area, please submit your resume and notes highlighting your knowledge as it pertains to this job along with your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org